Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blessings

I write this as I listen to the State of the Union address. I want to be overwhelmed by where we are, the circumstances surrounding us - personally and as a Nation. Yet, my purpose for updating this blog today is the joy of baby giggles and new teeth; chubby cheeks smeared with carrots; tiny fingers grasping toys, and hair, and anything within reach; the tiny rosebud lips of a brand new life; laughter shared with the man of my dreams. These are blessings, and I will not be overwhelmed. We are taken care of' even when it doesn't look like I expected. I'm in the most capable hands of my Father. And so we will persevere, and we will look to the beauty around us. Not ignoring the difficulties, but embracing the life that stands. I am blessed and will continue to choose joy and thank my God for this life.

Chubby Cheeks
My brand new niece, Amirah Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment