Thursday, March 17, 2011

Randomness

I think I've probably had this title before. It is so much my thought patterns recently - I'm all over the place. It's part of the reason I haven't blogged in awhile. It's easy to blog when you have your thoughts in a pattern, but so much harder when they are all over the place. So, bear with me - or don't. I promise I won't be offended.

Thought #1 - How do you balance family and ministry. I know countless people have done it before. I also know it hasn't always been done right. I'm not willing to make that mistake. More to come on this later.

Thought #2 - How do you become intentional about spending quality time with your kids when you are always with them. I love spending time with my girl - she is in a book phase and we probably spend hours each week reading books together. I wouldn't trade this for anything. And yet there are times when I feel so torn about getting things done and/or reading another book. I know, I'm never going to regret reading that book, but I don't want to feel guilty about spending some time getting things done either. Oh, the balance of motherhood.

Thought #3 - Hans has a new job! I don't have a lot to say about that except that God is so faithful even when I, even though I've seen it before, doubt his faithfulness.

Thought #4 - A couple posts ago I wrote about winter and God's grace, and I feel like in the past couple of weeks I have begun to see Spring. Yes, in the natural but in so many other areas as well. Again, God is faithful.

Thought #5 - I'm reading the book "Bringing Up Girls" by Dr. Dobson. If you have a daughter you need to read it! More on this later also.

Thought #6 - I am going to read some of said book while my house is still quiet...

4 comments:

  1. So well written. We should do coffee sometimes. I struggle with the same things. I am excited to read Dobson's book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love reading your blogs, so keep the randomness coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina,the coffee is a must! Just say when. Melanie, don't worry - there is plenty more randomness where that came from. I thought of a few more things right after I posted :)

    ReplyDelete