Friday, May 20, 2011

New Bed

"New bed, new bed!" This is how Natalie proudly exclaims about her new sleeping arrangement. I thought we would wait another month or two to make the switch from her crib to a toddler bed, but she got so excited over the idea I thought we better take advantage of it.

We bought her a new blanket and sheets a couple of weeks ago, so the idea has been floating around. Then Tuesday night Hans took her mattress out of her crib and put it on the floor. "Natalie's new bed" she said right away and then pointing to the crib she said "baby." Well she got the idea.

So she slept on the mattress on the floor for two nights and did really well. Then last night we officially set up her new bed. She is one proud little girl. And I am one proud, but just a little bit sad Mommy.

Here she is helping me wash the bed. She was, of course, soaked until we were done. Don't worry Sabrina, it didn't desperately need washed, but it seemed like the right thing to do and it gave Natalie and I a fun project.

All set up - if only the lighting had been better and Natalie could have been still for 10 seconds - oh well.

And here she is, ready for her first night in her new bed - this breaks my heart just a little!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures!! She's adorable. I love the quilt. where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. or a lot?!?!?! I know it did mine when we moved Ky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious! I can only imagine that ache from watching them grow so beautifully. I love the picture of her sucking her thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It breaks my heart too! I love that little...or not so little girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a sweetheart! I love you, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a big transition, but I think we are all getting used to it - other than the 6:00 mornings Natalie has been pulling! Sabrina - I found the quilt and sheets at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey has the same bedding set :) They really do grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete