Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Firsts

My sister got married a couple of weeks ago. Natalie had her debut as a flower girl. She was a princess! Unfortunately, as I've stated before, she WILL NOT pose for the camera, so it seems pictures are few and far between. She loved it though. She was so enraptured with her beautiful Aunt and was awfully proud of her dress and shoes too!


Another first was a stay in a hotel. Hans and I decided we should get away for a couple of days as a family. We decided to stay in Lancaster and do some of the fun downtown things we miss since moving away. Then I ended up on bedrest! We decided to go anyway and just take it easy. Natalie got to spend Saturday with her cousins in Ephrata and I spent the day watching movies in the hotel. All in all, it was a good weekend. Natalie loved being in the hotel, swimming with Daddy and spending extra time with Mommy and Daddy!

Natalie went out on an errand run with her Daddy Monday afternoon. They made it back after about 3 hours and Natalie had a huge grin on her face as she carried in her new pet - a goldfish. She was so proud! She and her Daddy make quite a pair especially when it comes to running errands!


Natalie also had her first hair cut. I don't consider myself a super sentimental person, but there is something about motherhood that makes it impossible not to be from time to time. As I trimmed the tiniest bit off the ends of those curls and had to work hard not to shed a tear or two. Hans thought I was being silly, but that was a big milestone in this no longer baby girl's life!

1 comment: