Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Kitchen Floor

I could maybe write a book about my kitchen floor, with all the time I've put into despising it, cleaning it, standing on it, cleaning it again, despising it some more. The thing is, I'm pretty sure it doesn't deserve so much thought. Now the things I've learned while dealing with the kitchen floor maybe deserve more attention. I cleaned it today, like swept all the dirt up and then got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed that thing clean. I always feel so accomplished after I do that. Then the great tomato juice debacle happened (another story for another day). Oh well. The moral of the story is that it's just a floor, an old, white floor. And while I agree that it's probably sanitary to continue washing it every so often, it probably doesn't deserve so much of my attention ("don't walk on my clean floor with those shoes", "do not spill that milk", "ugh, there's milk on my clean floor", etc.) Lesson trying to be learned....

Here's a picture of my used to be spotless floor. There's a lot of life lived in this house - I would have to say that's more important.



1 comment:

  1. if you ~ever~ want to be encouraged about your clean floor, please make a trip to my house...i can count on one hand the number of times i have been on my hands and knees cleaning these old wooden floors. i am complete-ly serious. :)

    ReplyDelete