Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Fun!

We had a fun Memorial Day weekend!  The weekend started off a little rough, with Hans working all day on Saturday and me at home with the girls, one who is teething up a storm!  Until Hans got home Saturday evening I was a little on the grumpy side and in desperate need of getting out of the house and having some family fun.

So, Sunday afternoon we concocted a plan to head to a local State Park to grill some hot dogs and let Natalie play in the stream.  We invited Hans' oldest brother and his family and at the last minute my sister and her family joined us.  It was just what the doctor ordered!  Hans and I had to laugh as our quick plan took awhile to execute.  Sometimes I miss the days when we just had to grab the charcoal and the hot dogs.  This time we had changes of clothes, towels, diapers, toys, blankets, booster seat etc.  But, I wouldn't trade these days for anything.

Monday we spent the day at my parents.  We had a cook out, all four kids took naps, and the girls played out in the little pool and the sprinkler.  So fun! I just love time with family.

Bring on Summertime!





No comments:

Post a Comment