Project #1 was our
giant ice block. We did this while Amirah was with us. Both girls loved it and stuck with it longer than I expected. Even Brielle got in on the action (mainly to use the ice block as a tool with which to stand up).
Project #2 was making homemade slime. This has been on my list for awhile, but I never got around to buying the ingredients. It turned out great and was simple to make. In fact, we still have it and Natalie will get it out from time to time to play with it. I guess the borax is toxic, so this is best as a supervised project.
Project #3 was bathtub paint. Natalie and I did this to fill some time one evening while Hans was away and Brielle was already in bed. She loved it. It was so easy to make, contain, and clean up! Next time I will add a little less water. I doubled the recipe, but I wouldn't have needed to. A little goes a long way. Also, I'm funny about bathtub pictures of my kids on the internet, so all you get to see is the paint on this one.
Project #4 was fizzy sidewalk paint. Natalie especially loved spraying the paintings with vinegar. This girl loves her spray bottle. That was one of the best investments ($0.98 at Walmart) that I've made this summer. Mostly we use water, not vinegar. But the fizz was so fun!
My project is planning the girls birthday parties. Natalie is having a purple party and Brielle is having a cupcake party. I will show these projects after the fact, but I am staying busy during nap time getting things ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment