Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A cupcake party!

We celebrated Brielle's first birthday with a cupcake party on Sunday afternoon!  Here are a few pictures of the festivities!
Here is the giant cupcake. I was pleased with how it turned out.  It was lemon cake with a blackberry filling and blackberry buttercream icing.  Sorry to all the party-goers but it tasted even better the next day!

Here's the birthday girl.  Natalie, of course, had to help blow out the candle.
Brielle was intrigued by the texture of the icing.
After I held it up to her mouth she realized it also tasted good!  She pretty much consumed that whole cupcake.  I'm disappointed that I didn't get a picture of the consumption!
Here we are post consumption :)
On the day of her birthday we gave her a first taste of an ice cream cone (to make Mamaw and Pappy Lehman proud).  It was, of course, a hit!
 Here she is with one of her presents.

2 comments:

  1. She is such a big girl! I cannot believe she is 1! Happy Birthday Brielle, so glad I was there to celebrate (and eat that delicious cake)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is gorgeous!! great cake too!
    ~mis.

    ReplyDelete