On Saturday Hans cooked a turkey for us - what a man! It was delicious! I know, you're thinking, turkey on a random September weekend? Well, we have great neighbors and a few months ago they gave us a turkey they weren't going to use. So, it's been in our freezer, and I decided it was time to use it. Of course, I gave my husband the honors. He did such a great job. His parents came over to enjoy it with us and the rest is in the freezer... for soup... or... anyone have some great leftover turkey recipes? I really wanted to get some pictures of Hans in the kitchen, but I forgot :(
We also had a fun little campfire at my parents the other night to celebrate Fall... oh and the fact that Monica and Mwita were visiting :) I just love my family and that we love each other.
Here are a few pictures, starting off with the new Fall wreath I made for the front door and the fun leaf garland in the living room.
This little girl loves to play! It's so fun watching her explore and learn.
My sweetie. We are starting a little preschool class a few days a week. More details to come on that.
So good to hear an update on you guys :) I love the leaf-garland -- what a cute, cute idea!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ang
I can so relate to your list in your last post about "regretting summer, yet embracing fall!" I am the same way! especially this summer with everything that happened ...
ReplyDeleteanyhow - here is a recipe you could use turkey in -
take 1 c brown rice & 1 c white rice and cook (or you could use all of one kind)
stir in 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup, 1 c chicken broth, broccoli & turkey to taste
add spices to taste (I used cayenne pepper, little bit of salt, onion, and 1/2 tsp cumin)
top with croutons & cheddar cheese and bake...
yum!
I used homemade croutons - I had garlic artisan bread from costco (the kind with the garlic cloves chopped up into the dough) - poured basil/pesto grapeseed oil over it, seasoned with dry parsley, oregano, basil. a little salt & parmesean cheese and toasted till crunchy - yum!
or make "turkey" tortilla soup - recipe is pinned on my pinterest - called "Chili's chicken enchilada soup" - in the comments are my modifications.
enjoy!