Today I am taking a moment, and I'm choosing well. I will post it all over the house if I have to because today I choose joy. I choose life. I choose to see my blessings in the midst of the moment, and I will choose grace when I fail. It's my choice.
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Choosing Joy
Today I have a choice. I can give in to the despair that sickness and more sleepless nights lays so clearly in front of me, or I can choose joy. Choose to see blessing where my tired mind sees curses. Choose to see happiness where fatigue begs to see only sadness. I know in the big picture it's clearly better to choose joy, but often in the moment I can only see the dirty house, the crusty noses, the piles of laundry, the hungry bellies. I know in the greater scheme happiness is the key, but so often I only feel the overwhelming responsibility of it all, the exhaustion, the sense of defeat.
Today I am taking a moment, and I'm choosing well. I will post it all over the house if I have to because today I choose joy. I choose life. I choose to see my blessings in the midst of the moment, and I will choose grace when I fail. It's my choice.
Today I am taking a moment, and I'm choosing well. I will post it all over the house if I have to because today I choose joy. I choose life. I choose to see my blessings in the midst of the moment, and I will choose grace when I fail. It's my choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Angela! Just got caught up on your blog! Praying for you today! We had a season like you last year at this time where we had a lot of sickness upon sickness and Eden was not sleeping good at all, sometimes up every two hours as much as newborn and it was very exhausting and frustrating. I am praying for strength for you today. Know that it will not last forever and it will get better. You are a great mama who is loving on her kids. I loved how you wrote about holding him at night and crying out to God. He is near to you! He is holding you close in this season! Blessings! :)
ReplyDelete