When we ask for more from God, He answers. Often in ways beyond our expectations. I had no idea when I was writing my last post about leaving boxes behind and running towards the more God has for us that a season in our life was going to change so quickly, but God is good like that and knows the perfect timing in our lives.
Hans and I started talking about buying a bigger house probably around the time I was expecting Ryder and we had to clear out our third bedroom/office to make room for him. Our townhouse seemed to be getting smaller and smaller, but a bigger place and the bigger mortgage we expected to come with it seemed a little beyond our reach. We moved the office into our bedroom and continued to rearrange as necessary to allow this house to meet our needs.
Then over the long winter and countless times of feeling unable to entertain and really expand and grow here we began to dream about a bigger place. One Saturday in March I came home from running errands and Hans somewhat randomly said, "Let's go look at some houses". It's not really characteristic of my husband to say "let's go out" at all and so I laid aside thoughts of naptime to catch this vision. I'm so glad I did. I believe that little trip planted a seed in my heart to begin to dream and most importantly pray.
I had been reading a book "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson. And I started to pray circles around this dream of having a bigger house to expand however God wanted us to. None of the houses we looked at that day in March really clicked in our Spirit, but then one day Hans found another house online and we drove by to look at it. This house clicked and we started asking God for it. One evening I drove past the house to say a little prayer over it and realized it was coming up for auction (something we had missed previously). In fact, the auction was two weeks away. We had no idea what to expect, but we believed this was the house God had for us. We were blessed to be able to borrow the necessary down payment needed for the auction from a family friend and showed up on April 17th waiting to see God at work. We walked away that day owning a new, much bigger home for less than we had paid for our current home. God is awesome!
We are continuing this journey of running forward and breaking our boxes to see God at work. More to come!

Wow! So exciting and encouraging! I love to see how God works! He loves writing good stories! Congrats!
ReplyDelete