Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Challenge
Why is it that I'm doing what I'm doing - in all aspects of my life? This is the challenge I am facing right now. Why do I delight in the new day I've been given and yet struggle to get up in the morning? Why do I triumph in the ups and battle through the downs of being a wife to my husband? Why do I endure the challenges and soak up the rewards of being a stay-at-home mom to my 15 month old daughter and full-time babysitter to my 9 month old niece? Why do I tolerate the stress and celebrate the joy of being a leader? Why do I long for more intimate friendships and rejoice in the companionship I have? Why do I revel in the freedom and rebel against the boundaries our finances create? I don't want to just get by; I want to really live with purpose. Sometimes that means we have to ask ourselves the tough questions. I know there are things I should be doing that I'm not, and things I'm doing that I shouldn't be doing. How do I make this time count. All of these roles I play and hats I put on - it's not just acting. These are the things I have chosen out of a calling I have been given. So, I want to delight in a new day even first thing in the morning. I want to triumph in the ups and downs of my marriage to this amazing man. I desire to soak up every second possible as the two little girls in my life grow up way too fast. I want to celebrate the stress and the joy of being a leader, knowing that both help me grow. I need to rejoice in the friendships I have been blessed with even as I long for deeper connections. I will revel in the knowledge that God holds our finances in His ever capable hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment