I had no idea when I woke up on Saturday morning that she would come so soon. I had packed my bag for the hospital the day before though, so maybe I had an inclination. By Saturday afternoon I had some symptoms that led me to suspect that I wouldn't make it to my scheduled c-section on September 22nd. I could tell this baby girl was getting ready. Hans, Natalie, and I headed to a picnic at our church at about 4:30. By the time we got there I realized I was starting to have contractions. They came fast and strong. At 7:00 we made it to the hospital and I was between 7 and 8 cm. dilated already.
After a lot of deliberation I had decided I wanted another c-section and now I found myself totally outside of this plan. The nurse encouraged me to try a vaginal delivery since I was progressing so quickly and the baby was small. I'm glad I did! I'm not sure why Brielle came five weeks early, but I like to think that part of it was God enabling me to have a natural delivery. And natural it was. After pushing for 40 minutes, Brielle came forth. All 5 lbs and 5.5 oz. of her. She's a little doll.
Brielle means of God. There have been so many opportunities for us to see God at work through this baby girl's life already. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for her.
Our timing is NEVER our own. Congratulations Angela.
ReplyDeleteoh.my.word. i had no idea. she is beautiful, and yay for you on a natural birth...it's a beautiful thing...what a wild story. i was always so jealous of girls who could have healthy babies early...as mine are almost always 2 wks late. :( congrats. and have fun adjusting. missy.
ReplyDelete