Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Undone by Grace

Sitting in a quiet house this morning thinking about grace.  How much I need it, how much I need to extend it.  These past two months have been a whirlwind.  Bringing a third child into this family has definitely stretched us.  I feel like our marriage has weathered this transition better than we did with either of the girls (yay to God's grace!), but at the end of the day we are still left feeling pretty well exhausted and slightly overwhelmed.  Most days I feel undone by what it takes to love and nurture and guide three littles.  So blessed, but undone.  So, here I am, just picturing God's grace washing over me. God's grace covering all those mistakes and imperfections in my parenting.  God's grace overwhelming my exhaustion from a sweet, sweet baby that just can't seem to sleep all that well.  And I am just amazed that there is enough to cover it all.  There are no gaps.  I am undone.  But not by exhaustion, or stress, or fear.  Undone by grace.

This song has been speaking to my soul this week. 

Here is our little sweetie.  Two months already!  We are loving him, despite the exhaustion.  He offers the best smiles and is seriously just so much sweetness in a little package! He was 11 lbs 3 oz at his two month appointment on Monday and doing great.





1 comment: