Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Real Life

After my last blog I felt like I should do a follow up of what grace really looks like in my life.  I never got around to it. I was talking with some friends last night about life and realized I needed to write that update See, grace is not me sitting in my spotless house while my angelic children sleep peacefully and awake with charming personalities to a mother who is always gracious and loving :)  Grace is not perfection.  On the morning I wrote that blog it looked more like this.  I got upset with my husband when he did not meet my expectations.  I raised my voice at one of my girls when she did not want the breakfast I prepared.  I was impatient with children that needed me while I was overwhelmed with a too big to do list.  And yet, over all of that was this sense of grace.  This knowing that God is not disappointed in my imperfection.  The thought that He is big enough to cover it.  Grace happens in real life.  Thank goodness, because there is a lot of real life going on around here, and I'm guessing that happens at your house too.  I'm learning not to be afraid of that.  Realizing that God has me covered while I grow and learn. Knowing that my kids can be just as happy with uncombed hair and toys strewn across that house, and maybe even more importantly realizing I can be happy in the midst of all of that too.  Gotta love real life!

1 comment:

  1. So much good truth in your post, Angela!! Thanks for sharing!! :) It sounds so ridiculous, but it seems I'm a much more pleasant person to be around when the house is tidied up! (What's with that??) Hope you & the kiddos have a wonderful day together!

    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete