Amirah is an added bonus to this fall weather. I am keeping her five days a week this year, which is proving to be challenging and rewarding. The challenging moments come when I cannot possibly meet the immediate demands of two girls six months apart in age. The rewards come when Natalie bends over to give Amirah a kiss and Amirah reciprocates with a big smile! I'm looking forwards to this year, to watch both girls grow and bond, to invest myself in these small lives with enormous potential.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
My Days
It is unbelievable to me that summer is over and we are headed towards fall. I always find this time of the year bittersweet. I look forwards to crisper, cooler days after a hot, dry summer. I look forwards to the schedule and activities that fall brings after the more laid back days of summer. However, at the same time I mourn the loss of hot weather and relaxing days.
Some days I long to get dressed up and go to a job, any job, to leave the demands of this household behind for awhile, to find fulfillment in something else other than tending to two small children. Then I remind myself this is a calling too - it's the one I've chosen and in part I believe I've been chosen for. So, here's to my girls and our days together. May this year, your lives, and my God teach me more about love and grace as I nurture you through the challenges and you strengthen me through the rewards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this Angela! It is definitely part of your calling! How lucky Amirah and Natalie are to have you taking care of them. Hope I can join you some Fridays :) Love you sis!
ReplyDelete