Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Becoming Like a Child
It is amazing to me how much being a mom makes me so aware of my frailty. I think this is a good thing, but it can feel so desperate at times. I felt like I had this direct view of my relationship with God through one such desperate "conversation" with my 18 month old this afternoon. She is standing in front of me falling apart over one thing or another (it was just one of those days). I say, "Natalie, come here. I can help you, but you have to let me." And all of a sudden, it's not a conversation between Natalie and I anymore. I know that God has been whispering the same thing to me as I fall apart over one thing or another (it was just one of those days...weeks... ok, maybe months). "Angela, come here. I can help you, but you have to let me." All of a sudden it's as if I'm the eighteen month old; and as I pull my daughter into a big embrace, I feel the embrace of my Father. We're ok. She's safe in my arms because we are both safe in the arms of our Daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well written Ang. Love that
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post Angela. I too am feeling that way-frail, toppling over, uncertain in my steps. I forget that I just need to look up and let go. Love to you today.
ReplyDeleteAngela,
ReplyDeleteI so needed to hear that! Great insight...why can't we keep our focus on the ONE who can help?