Saturday, October 1, 2011

Transitions

This has been a tough week for me. It seems like all the newness of being a family of four wore off or settled in and I was just left as a frazzled momma of a toddler and newborn. Which by the way is what I want to be minus that frazzled part, but some days it just seems like I need a big dose of remembering why I want to be that. Because despite all that's wonderful about this stage of life, there's plenty that's just tough.

Natalie is two. I say this not because it's a bad thing, but because sometimes I just need to remind myself. She is not three or four or twelve. She's two - adorably, lovably two. And with all the things I love about this age come some challenges.

Potty training is one of them. I wanted to accomplish that before Brielle came and then the timing just didn't seem right and/or I was feeling a little bit pregnant/lazy. Then as soon as Brielle came Natalie wanted to use the potty all the time. So anyway we are working on it and I'm realizing how very impatient I can be when things do not go as planned (aka there are too many soggy or poopy diapers.)

In general, I think God is showing me how ungracious I can be sometimes. This vibrant little girl pushes my buttons, and I react. So in turn, this vivacious little girl pushes them again. It's a game we are playing and sometime I am going to catch on and remind myself that she is two and that she is overall lovely.

Brielle, my little peanut still wants to sleep most of the time - during the day. She falls asleep most times when I feed her and so it seems like an endless job (yes, quite often I feel like nursing is a job. A job I'm happy I can fulfill, but a job). Then there is night time when she becomes totally restless and very noisy. I love the mornings when I can scoop her up and feel nothing but love for her all over again, but nights are rough. And again, I can be so ungracious (thanks God, I'm working on that!)

Anyway, that's where I'm at. A tired Mommy with two lovely girls who are teaching me a lot about who I do and do not want to be! I'll keep working at it.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I'm feeling a little frazzled over here too. Love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training is so difficult. I really struggled with it when I nannied the kids. I hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete