Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Story.

I have written so many things this past week, thought so many thoughts, had so many conversations in my head.  I'm unsure how to share a story of sadness and joy. Longing to express my heart, but insecure in where to start and stop.  My wise husband said, "just share, it's your story."

We lost a little life last week.  A little baby with a beating heart that did not make it to the security of Mommy's womb. Ectopic pregnancy - one of those strange, "wouldn't happen to me" things that happened.  I mourn for that little life, that beating heart that felt safe.  That is now safe, not in my womb, but in the hands of his or her Maker.

We discovered another little life last week.  A little baby with a beating heart in the security of my womb.  Two babies, one that had to be taken from me, and one I am blessed to hold and carry for awhile longer. And so I mourn and I rejoice and sometimes I don't know what I'm doing when.

And God is with me and he carries me.  I explained this evening to my three year old how God is the One that knows everything.  That we are ok, even when we don't know because He knows.  The truth of those words hit me now and I'm overhwhelmed by a God who knows, a God who is.  And my heart beats in the security of His arms.  And ultimately I rejoice because He's got us and we are all ok.

8 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't know that could happen at the same time... regardless of my lack of knowledge...Congratulations!! for the little life that is still growing inside. How exciting!! Praying for you as you continue to process and take care of yourself and family...rest over these busy days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lack of knowledge - even the doctors were surprised. It's rare. And thank you - we are excited for a new life!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had the courage to share this difficult journey. I remember just a few years ago when you posted about Brielle's conception and the difficulties surrounding her discovery. My thoughts are with you and your entire family as you go through the mourning stages of losing a life, and the bittersweet joy of celebrating another to come. I look forward to hugging you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda - I look forwards to seeing you and will glady take that hug.

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing your story! you have another little miracle baby growing inside of you! your children have purpose and destiny! blessings to you as you mourn and rejoice! praying for the new life growing inside of you!
    blessings blessings blessing!
    heather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - no idea what God is up to a lot of the time, but so glad He's the one in control.

      Delete
  4. So beautifully written. We mourn and rejoice with you. We are praying for the new little life you carry. We're excited for another little niece or nephew!
    -Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Angela...and so are you. I am so blessed to have such a courageous and loving sister! I mourn and rejoice with you!

    ReplyDelete