I feel like Hans and I have entered into a battleground in relationships recently. Not so much our marriage - we have a few issues, but we are committed to work through those, and I believe we are. But, everywhere else we turn there is someone making a poor decision, or struggling with some hurt, or dealing with doubts, worry, bitterness... and these are the people that supposedly have a foundation.
How have we fallen so far? That is the question that keeps running through my head. As Christians, as parents, as leaders - how have we fallen so far? It's sobering to me. We are raising children in the church that don't know right from wrong? Is that scary to anyone else? We need to wake up! Our sins are not okay. Our mediocrity is not okay. And I'm speaking to myself above anyone. I believe it comes down to one thing, we are operating outside of the Spirit, and there is no life outside of the Spirit. We are dead. WAKE UP! RISE UP! We are the Church and if we do not fight we will lose generations... some have already been lost. Are we willing to lose more? I have a little girl sleeping upstairs that is worth this fight and beyond that there is a whole world of children that are worth this fight. I believe we can raise children to be God-fearing in a God-mocking world.
That's my soapbox for today, but seriously let's not give up this fight so soon. Let's join together in raising children that love God and speaking Truth that can combat all the lies of this world. And Hans and I (and many of you, I'm sure) will continue journeying through these relationships and crying out for the Spirit that we have ignored for far too long.
Angela I have felt this way for a long time, but I found myself also living outside of the Spirit. What has happened that we have strayed so far!? I am committed to standing with you and Hans on truth and committed to allowing the Spirit of God to move in and through me! Well said.
ReplyDelete